function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
avtopi786avtopi786 

WSDL Element

Hi,

I am working on implementing web service that calculate tax based on product and other variable. The WSDL file that I received from vendor is in rpc/encoded format. I managed to refactor that file in doc/literal but i had to delete couple of array type elements that is not supported. 

I've managed to import refactored WSDL and now have all the classes that I need. Now, I realized that the element that I removed is part of class that web service returns when I call tax calculation method.

So, my question: Can I still call the method and service returns data except the element that I removed ? I know that I can run a quick test to find out but I don't have all configuration setup on vendor side to run test.

thanks in advance,

Amit

srikanth123srikanth123

when you call the service it will return data along with the element that you removed. so you will get an error in the apex. Instead you can ask your vendor to provide the wsdl in that format that is accepted by salesforce.

UVUV

Salesforce won't be able to parse the response and you may get soap bad response fault .

Apex supports only the document literal wrapped WSDL style.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Apex_Web_Services_and_Callouts