function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
daspranabdaspranab 

Dev - 501

I am interested in participating in the July 10 - 14th training in Dev - 501 (at Bangalore,India), for which I filled the web form.

While awaiting someone from SFDC to contact, I have  a few curiosities:

1) Does not taking Dev - 401 creates a serious handicap?  In which way this can be overcome?

2) Does experience in OODD helps?

3) Would one be equipped sufficiently in order to take the certification exam immediately after the course?

4) Does being a JavaEE architect help?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

My personal views:

1) I don't think there's much if any overlap between the dev and advanced dev.  The dev is very much around clicks not code, while the adv dev is almost entirely about code.  That said, I don't think you can register for the adv dev exam if you haven't done the dev.

2) Development experience in general helps, but the language is very close to Java so if you have that background its a quick learn.

3) Can't say as I haven't done the course.

4) I've only done the multiple choice thus far, but I can't say I recall any areas where that would have been an advantage.

sjain1.2523113033806995E12sjain1.2523113033806995E12

hi bob can you provide me the material for advanced dev exam.actually i have cleard the dev exam , looking for advanced dev exam.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The study guide should give you a heads up on the areas to study for.  The Apex Developer's Guide and Visualforce Developer's Guide were the documents that I studied the most, but I also look at the Force.com migration tool, metadata api and skimmed the web services api.  I'd also read most of these before so wasn't starting completely from cold.

Obviously you need to be developing in VF and Apex too.  One thing that did help a lot was participating on these boards - a lot of the questions are about reading and understanding code snippets!