function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
elukaweskielukaweski 

IDE will not delete Apex class on server

Hi:

I am using Force.com IDE to develop an application. I am connected to a Developer org.

I I delete an Apex class in IDE, and then sychronize the project with the server, the following message pops up:

"Change is incoming. Are you sure you want to overide the incoming addition and apply local deletion to the server?"

I respond with "yes".

Force.com IDE proceeds with processing and refreshes the sychronize view. The class is still there and has NOT been deleted from the server.

Is this the normal result from this processing? Can I delete a class from the server via the Force.com IDE? And, further, I cannot find any document that describes this behaviour.

Any help is really appreciated!!

Ed

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
elukaweskielukaweski

as an FYI to all concerned....I reported this issue to Salesforce support who acknowledged that this is a bug and should be fixed, I believe, in the Summer 11 release.

All Answers

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

may be this class is refered some where.. which vesriob that you are using currently and is it europe or helios

elukaweskielukaweski

Thanks for the response.

I am using Force.com IDE version 20.0 and it seems to be based on Eclipse 3.5 (this is the Eclipse that is included in the download for Force.com IDE).

I do not believe that any other entity is dependent on this class I am trying to delete. I can delete it, via the web interface, without a problem.

I created a new, standalone, class specifically to test out this functionality. Any other help is appreciated.

Is this some kind of limitation in the Force.com IDE......that maybe classes have to be deleted amnually?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

when u r deleting you should get the message like

would you like the resource to be deleted from the server ? --> r u getting this message or not?

elukaweskielukaweski

Ah...yes...I am getting this message when I delete the class via the package explorer view. However, I am responding with NO, at this point, in order to test out the capability to delete the class via the synchronize view.

thanks, Ed

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

you have to respond with yes at this point right?  as you want to delete the same from the server also.....

if this not happens then its the problem in the eclipse plugins.... i did the same and got the result..

elukaweskielukaweski

Thank you...looks like you duplicated the problem.

and, it seems that you are saying that the problem is with the plug-in.

Any ideas as to how I could get this problem fixed?

The situation stems from using a souce control system to keep track of versions. If, while using this SCM, I revert to another release and refresh the project in the Force.com IDE, I end up in this situation where there is a class on the server but not in the IDE. i wish to bring the two in sync via the synchronize view but cannot do it due to this problem.

thanks, Ed

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

Using Force.com IDE , one cannot delete any component at the server.

So any deletion should be done manually from the salesforce UI.

elukaweskielukaweski

wow...thanks for the response.

I didn't realize this. That's quite a restriction. I wonder why it gives me the message:

"Change is incoming. Are you sure you want to overide the incoming addition and apply local deletion to the server?"

Also, I would appreciate knowing of any documentation that specifies this restrictions, as well as any other ones.

Thanks

Ed

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

Deleting a class from IDE will only delete from the disk but not the server.

Except deletion from IDE to server, i assume there is no other restriction.

elukaweskielukaweski

as an FYI to all concerned....I reported this issue to Salesforce support who acknowledged that this is a bug and should be fixed, I believe, in the Summer 11 release.

This was selected as the best answer
Myra HMyra H

Didn't have problem before, but am getting this problem now. is the bug not fixed yet?

izetaizeta
This problem is still happening to me. Is this still happening or I just don't know how to delete files through the IDE?
Victor ZapataVictor Zapata
I'm having the same problem. The message when I select the option to delete also in the server: "Unable to perform server delete: Unable to get zip. The local resource will not be deleted. To delete locally, please perform the operation again and select "No" when prompted to delete the file from the server"