function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mack DsozaMack Dsoza 

Problem in Date Field...

I have created one field which has data type as Date but it is Date_Of_Birth__c field so its range from 1900 to till now & not to cross 2011 so what I have to do for that I am getting values ranging 2010-2016.

Regards....

vhanson222vhanson222

Are you asking how to display an error if the date is greater than 2010?  If so, you can use a validation rule.

Mack DsozaMack Dsoza

Nope, Actually I uses Date_Of_Birth field has datatype Date & used input field tag which refers to Date_Of_Birth field & whenever I clicks on that field then it displays calender but calender shows me year value in picklist format but the value range is of [ 2010-2016 ].

This range is my problem then tell me how to remove it... Bcoz no one has DOB of year [2010-2016]....So wht settting I have to do for this...

Hope you got me clearly...

Regards...

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

I don't think you can restrict that. Rather you can put a validation that if any gives date greater than today then it should through error.

Thanks
Ankit Arora

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

There is no way to change year range in calender information and validation rule is the one way to validate a range. Other can be a trigger also if you want. But validation rule is better.