function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ChristadChristad 

Inbound Email text attachments Problem

Hi

I have written an inbound email handler service to process data stored in a text file attachment in the email. When I test the functionality by sending the email from my outlook client with the attached text file, the email handler reads the subject matter and body and processes the attached text document correctly.

However when a database application creates the email with a data attachment and sends it to the same salesforce address, the email subject matter and body is read correctly but Salesforce doesnt find any email attachments. No exceptions are being raised. The database application also sends a copy of the email to my email account so I can verify that the attachment is present and correct. When I try to forward the email copy from my outlook client to salesforce, the email handler still dosnt find any attachments. However if I compose a new email from my outlook client and paste the text file attachment from the email copy into the new message and then send that to salesforce, the email handler finds the attachment and processes it .

Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

Thanks

fgwarb_devfgwarb_dev

Yes, I believe Outlook does some email standards compliance work that lower level DB applications don't.  (Such as tagging the attachment with its MIME type.)