function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eager-2-LearnEager-2-Learn 

Dataloader and controlling picklist with None as an element

Hi,

I have a controlling picklist and it is setup when I select 'ABC' the other picklist that is controlled goes blank and when you view the data the field is blank.  But if you select 'EFG' the controlled field allows users to choose values, lets say 'xyz' for this example.

Now I want to change certain records that contain 'EFG' and update the value to 'ABC' with the DataLoader.  I did this in test but the controlled picklist still contained the value 'xyz'.

I tried setting the controlled field in the CSV file to NULL, Blank, None and one space and none of thease values work when I upload the data via the DataLoader.  In fact if upload NULL the value becomes null in the field or if I upload None the value is None!

How can I get the controlled field to be blank?  What value to I have to pu in the CVS file to make this work.

Thanks in advanced for your support.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
David81David81

In the "Settings" menu, make sure you have "Insert null values" checked. Then just leave the cell blank in the csv.

All Answers

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Even though I could not understand your issue as at one place it looked you could cahnge the value and at another it looked you could not.

Yes it is right that even if you change the controller field the controlling field remain saved till you update it, you will need to set it to null in case if you wnt ot remove it.

Please explain what do you want to achieve a bit more so that I can look at it one more time

David81David81

In the "Settings" menu, make sure you have "Insert null values" checked. Then just leave the cell blank in the csv.

This was selected as the best answer