function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nnknnk 

Connect salesforce database to Oracle database

Hi,

I want to know the best possible way to extract data from Oracle database(EXpress edition 10 g) and load it into salesforce. Has anyone faced the same issue before .Please let me know the step by step process to perform this task.

Regards,

nnk.

IspitaIspita

The best way of porting data from any other system / database { in this case Oracle} to "Salesforce- will be:-

1. to export data from the source i.e. Oracle in csv format

2. Use the csv files thus generated to import data into salesforce.

==>  If you want to export data from a table to a file in CSV format, you can use the following steps:

• Right-click the table name, EMPLOYEES, in the object tree view.
  • Select Export.
  • Select CSV. The Export Data window shows up.
  • Click Format tab.
  • Select Format as: CSV.
  • Enter File as: \temp\MyTeam.csv.
  • Click Columns tab.
  • Check columns: FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, MANAGER_ID
  • Click Where tab.
  • Enter Where clause as: MANAGER_ID=100.
  • Click Apply.

Your CSV file, \temp\MyTeam.csv, is ready. Open it, you will see:

"FIRST_NAME","LAST_NAME","MANAGER_ID"
"Gerald","Cambrault","100"
"Lex","De Haan","100"
"Alberto","Errazuriz","100"
"Adam","Fripp","100"
"Michael","Hartstein","100"
"Payam","Kaufling","100"
"Neena","Kochhar","100".........

Hope this helps.

nnknnk

Actually, i want to skip the CSV step, ie i dont want the create a CSV, rather just want to connect Oracle DB to SFDC. The internal process will be first extract data from Oracle, then upsert the data to SFDC in one go(CLI processes may be).

IspitaIspita

In that the best way forward would be to write an integration program in Dot. net where in you can connect to Oracle and extract all the data which you need to push to salesforce. Once that is done you can upsert them to salesforce, using  functions exposed in salesforce WSDL.

In order to give more flexibility to your program you can use XML file to store the field mapping, login information, etc...

David GardelDavid Gardel
If you want to skip CSV step, use ETL tool - Skyvia (https://skyvia.com/data-integration/integrate-salesforce-oracle). It is the end-to-end solution for no-coding integration with flexible scheduling features and intuitive user interface.