function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eric_wceric_wc 

need help understanding code so i can write unit test

I am not a developer but I was trying to create a simple vf page for a report I need that I could not create using standard reports.  Using a Group By sql query I am able to get the results I am looking for but to display it in a vf page I had to use some apex code I found on a blog that was linked to on the boards.  It works great but first I don't fully understand the code and because I am not creating or inserting any records I am not sure how to write unit test to get the required 75% code coverage.  I have searched the boards and have read the links that people point everyone to when they ask test questions and I understand the concepts but I have yet to find a simple example of how to test code that just query's the db.  I am sure it can't be hard but with no development back ground I haven't got a clue.  

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Eric

public class casemorethan10
{
public list<AggregateResult> lstAR = new list<AggregateResult>();
/*
Note that any query that includes an aggregate function returns its results in an array of AggregateResult objects. AggregateResult is a read-only sObject and is only used for query results.
Aggregate functions become a more powerful tool to generate reports when you use them with a GROUP BY clause. For example, you could find the count of all opportunities for a CloseDate.

*/
public casemorethan10()
{
lstAR = [Select c.account.name name, count(c.casenumber) total from Case c where status = 'Open' and c.recordtype.name <> 'Opperations Case' and c.recordtype.name <> 'Maintenance Notifications' group by c.account.name Having count(c.casenumber) > 15];
}

public list<OppClass> getResults()
{
list<OppClass> lstResult = new list<OppClass>();
for (AggregateResult ar: lstAR)
{
oppClass objOppClass = new oppClass(ar);
lstResult.add(objOppClass);
}
return lstResult;
}

class oppClass
{
public Integer total
{ get;set; }

public String name
{ get;set; }

public oppClass(AggregateResult ar)
{
//Note that ar returns objects as results, so you need type conversion here
total = (Integer)ar.get('total');
name = (String)ar.get('name');
}
}
}

<apex:page controller="casemorethan10">
    <apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="overflow:auto;width:380px;height:600px" >
    <apex:dataTable value="{!Results}" var="r" border="2" cellpadding="1" >
        <apex:column headerValue="Name" value="{!r.name}"/>
        <apex:column headerValue="# cases" value="{!r.total}"/>
    </apex:dataTable>
    </apex:outputPanel>
</apex:page>