function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pj_27pj_27 

Bulk Update Fail

Hi,

I have an Object 'Pursuit_Plan__c' which has a lookup field -'Opportunity_Name__c'  on opportunity.

I am inserting records of object 'Pursuit_Plan__c'  in bulk with the Opportunities associated -(  Pursuit_Plan__c.Opportunity_Name__c  = Not empty), and this insert is success.

Now when I  am updating these records in bulk by removing the opportunity association-(  Pursuit_Plan__c.Opportunity_Name__c  = empty in CSV file).

This bulk update shows success message, However  these records of the Pursuit_Plan__c  still has an association with the Opportunities.And none of the updated Pursuit_Plan records have the null or empty field for the 'Opportunity_Name__c'.

Please help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

I assume you're using the Apex Data Loader? If so, you need to go to Settings and check the "Insert blank values" option. Without this, the Apex Data Loader silently ignores blank fields. It's a data protection feature.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

I assume you're using the Apex Data Loader? If so, you need to go to Settings and check the "Insert blank values" option. Without this, the Apex Data Loader silently ignores blank fields. It's a data protection feature.

This was selected as the best answer
pj_27pj_27

Great Help ! This is been fixed !

Thank you very much ! :)