function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
toddnewmantoddnewman 

Run All Tests does not complete in sandbox

I just completed a pretty good sized project in my sandbox.  I had been running tests individually but I thought I'd try the "Run All Tests" button to see if anything pops up.  5 hours later it has not finished.  This is my second try.  BTW, I have about 700k of code, 35% full.

It's not a huge deal, I think everything is good.  It would just be nice to see some confirmation after spending all this time on those required test cases.

Anyone else experienced this?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ScreamScream

The "Apex Test Execution" tool. *really* likes to hang. It's a bit of a mess IMHO. The most reliable way to run tests and actually see the results is via Eclipse or via the ant deployment tool.

All Answers

toddnewmantoddnewman

BTW, I was not aware of the "Apex Test Execution" tool.  I just started the tests in there a few minutes ago.  At least I can see it is running.  I killed the other window after 6 1/2 hours.

ngabraningabrani

Todd,

What happens when you deploy the code to production -- Does the cummulative test case coverage show greater than 70% when you deploy your new code to production?

ScreamScream

The "Apex Test Execution" tool. *really* likes to hang. It's a bit of a mess IMHO. The most reliable way to run tests and actually see the results is via Eclipse or via the ant deployment tool.

This was selected as the best answer
toddnewmantoddnewman

I can't deploy to production because the business is not ready yet so I'm not sure.

The "calculate coverage" link shows me at 72% so I have a little bit of work yet.  As a one-man development team I'm sometimes lazy with the test cases.

I think "Scream" has it.  It's just a flaky tool.  I've had much better luck with the "Apex Test Execution" tool.  And that tool saved me some future grief because I didn't realize that Custom Settings are "setup objects"  There's a nice workaround to that problem using System.runAs() that I found on stack overflow.