function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnnuAnnu 

NOT IN Clause not working for List

I am trying to Accounts with following dynamic soql :

query= 'select Account_vod__c,Account_vod__r.Id,Account_vod__r.Name,Address_line_2_vod__c,'+
                      'City_vod__c,Name,Primary_vod__c,State_vod__c,Zip_vod__c from Address_vod__c where '+
                      'Account_vod__r.Name like \'%'+searchByName+'%\' OR City_vod__c=\''+searchByCity+'\' OR '+
                      'State_vod__c=\''+searchByState+'\' OR Zip_vod__c=\''+searchByZip+'\' OR Name=\''+searchByAddressLine1+'\' AND NOT IN : accIds';

in this accIds is a List of Account Ids which i want to exclude from the return record list. but for this NOT IN Clause is not working. I am getting a query exception for this perticular line .  How to solve this problem.

Please help me in this regard, as it is kind of urgent for me.

PkSharmaPkSharma

Hi Annu,

Check this query ,Hope this will help you.

query='select Account_vod__c,Account_vod__r.Id,Account_vod__r.Name,Address_line_2_vod__c,City_vod__c,Name,Primary_vod__c,State_vod__c,Zip_vod__c from Address_vod__c where Account_vod__r.Name like \'%'+searchByName+'%\' OR City_vod__c=\''+searchByCity+'\' OR State_vod__c=\''+searchByState+'\' OR Zip_vod__c=\''+searchByZip+'\' OR Name=\''+searchByAddressLine1+'\' AND accountid NOT IN '+ accIds;

AnnuAnnu

Not getting. .:(

getting this exception : Exception e System.QueryException: unexpected token: '('

ashish raiashish rai

Hello,

I think you have forgot to write field name before NOT IN : accIds'; . You must have to specify the field name before this like id not in:accIds. Your query should be like this:

query= 'select Account_vod__c,Account_vod__r.Id,Account_vod__r.Name,Address_line_2_vod__c,'+
                      'City_vod__c,Name,Primary_vod__c,State_vod__c,Zip_vod__c from Address_vod__c where '+
                      'Account_vod__r.Name like \'%'+searchByName+'%\' OR City_vod__c=\''+searchByCity+'\' OR '+

'State_vod__c=\''+searchByState+'\' OR Zip_vod__c=\''+searchByZip+'\' OR Name=\''+searchByAddressLine1+'\' AND FieldName NOT IN : accIds';

Note:

Even if you find error in side this than put all the fields together and check the same on Apex Explorar.

PkSharmaPkSharma

Sorry for previous result
query='select Account_vod__c,Account_vod__r.Id,Account_vod__r.Na

me,Address_line_2_vod__c,City_vod__c,Name,Primary_vod__c,State_vod__c,Zip_vod__c from Address_vod__c where Account_vod__r.Name like \'%'+searchByName+'%\' OR City_vod__c=\''+searchByCity+'\' OR State_vod__c=\''+searchByState+'\' OR Zip_vod__c=\''+searchByZip+'\' OR Name=\''+searchByAddressLine1+'\' AND accountid NOT IN :accIds';