function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prakash chaudharyprakash chaudhary 

Accessibility of standard & custom object....

Now I am accessing values from Goal__c custom object but I also want to access data from Accoun object too so how can i do that ?

Since the other object is standard object so is there any thing that wihout writing controller code, can i access there fields in my page like {!Account.name} or {!Account.custom__c}

Regards...

LakshmanLakshman

Yes, I think you can do this by defining standardController="Account" in your <apex:page> tag of VFP.

Regards,

Lakshman

But Lakshman, I have already used controller in my page so can i use standard controller again in the same page ?

LakshmanLakshman

Yes you can put your controller in extensions like

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="your controller name">

Regards,

Lakshman

Since I am making single single page in component & then planning to integrate all in my vfpage & when I am using your idea in component in my code then it is giving me error as unsupported.

Is their any other way to do the same in component too ?

LakshmanLakshman

I am afraid you cannot. But you can do one thing, add standardController in the VFP then use {!Account.Name} or whatever in the VFP itself.

In the component you can retain your controller and keep the code which is common to all pages in the component for reusability.

Regards,

Lakshman

Let me try this one also, I will post feedback shortly...

Sorry for late response,

Nope it is not working but can u tell me other ways like I can take reference of this field in my custom object & then use that custom field in my code directly ?

Regards...

LakshmanLakshman

Can you please post your code here, so that we can have a clear picture.