function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mack DsozaMack Dsoza 

connect CSV file with dataloader

How to make *.csv file to input data into salesforce custom object ?
Please send me one example of *.csv file so that it will be easy to understand bcoz I have doubt whether it takes first row as field api name or label name or any other name ?
Regards...

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
kiranmutturukiranmutturu

if you have 4 fields and want to insert 2 of them only then.. give those 2 fields only.. if mandatory fields must be filled with some data.. and first row indicates the fieldnames only....

All Answers

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

in the first row if you have to give the fieldnames to insert in to respective fields in the object

like contact is having fields like lastname,phone...etc

so in the csv fiel give the first row as then the respective values one after other

lastname     phone

name1          123456

name2           345566

Mack DsozaMack Dsoza

Hiii kiran, Suppose I have one object which has 4 field let say a, b, c & d.

but i want to input only c & d field data....

For that thing also i need to show entire field name as in object mentioned or i can write in csv file directly by c & d field name & its corresponding values...

also tell me that in csv file first row indicates field name or title of the data so that according to object they must be of the field api name or we can directly give the label only..like in your example

lastname__c     phone__c

name1          123456

name2           345566

Regards...

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

if you have 4 fields and want to insert 2 of them only then.. give those 2 fields only.. if mandatory fields must be filled with some data.. and first row indicates the fieldnames only....

This was selected as the best answer