function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JPClark3JPClark3 

Very strange IDE error occuring today

This just started today (9/26/2011) and won't let me save the file to force.com. The file is a long existing apex class. Only making some minor changes.

Save error: Unable to perform save on all files:

com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

I deleted the whole project and re-added it. I was able to get everything back, then tried to make changes again. Same error. I tried to refresh my file from the ORG and received a pop up with the same error.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I've seen this a couple of times in the past and each time its been because Java 1.7 has been installed onto my system.  If this becomes the default JVM, then it breaks the IDE.   I recall I was able to workaround this once by changing the default JVM, but the last couple of times I've simply removed 1.7 and its all started to behave again.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I've seen this a couple of times in the past and each time its been because Java 1.7 has been installed onto my system.  If this becomes the default JVM, then it breaks the IDE.   I recall I was able to workaround this once by changing the default JVM, but the last couple of times I've simply removed 1.7 and its all started to behave again.

This was selected as the best answer
JPClark3JPClark3

Thanks Bob, nailed it

user_0000user_0000

thank you very much, it works!!!!

natty dreadnatty dread

Thank you for this!

YoungYoung

Thanks, it worked for me also.

BobMatBobMat

Spot On! Thanks!

!@!@

I am using the IDE for the first time and gettig the same error

I have jre7 in my program files, and jre6 in my program files(x86)

What should I do?

dunspokendunspoken

Thanks it worked uninstalling and reinstalling the JVM,

Cheers!!!

cmendlercmendler

I received a similar error.  Posting it below for reference.  Trying out the fix now.

"Factory exception occurred when marshalling package manifest into DOM document, please make sure package manifest is well-form and present in proper location.

Reason:
com.salesforce.com.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor"

ricardogoncalesricardogoncales

TKS, BOB....

NEW.ax1607NEW.ax1607

HI bob,

I´ve this error message in my class

Multiple markers at this line
    - File only saved locally, not to server
    - Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName
     cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

MY eclipse is 3.6 - Helios

I´ve seen your message to solve this but i don´t understand where I must remove the Java 1.7, if is in the folder of eclipse or in system. Can you help me please?

I´m sorry but I´m new in SF.

Thanks

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I've tended to uninstall from Eclipse in the past, but you can change the version of java via Eclipse Properties -> Java -> Installed JREs and remove the 1.7 definition.  I've not done this for a while though,so can't guarantee it still works.

NEW.ax1607NEW.ax1607

Thanks for your help,

I tried to delete the JRE7 and install the JRE6 but the error still appears.

nwallacenwallace

If you don't want to mess with your JRE, try a solution from this thread:

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/Unable-to-refresh-resource/td-p/205678/highlight/false

All I had to do to fix this same problem was switch my workspace, then try again.  MUCH easier solution.

(For the record, I'm running JRE 7)

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
@nwallace - are you on JRE 6 or 7?
nwallacenwallace

JRE 7 (updated post above)

freelivenetfreelivenet

The solution of switching the workspace to the same workspace worked for me. But restarting eclipse didn't work.

MohaMoha
hello @Bob , i have a question if you can help, i want to create multiple customer portal for existing contacts, i searched in the net but i didn't find anything for the moment ?
thanks for the help
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
MohaMoha
thanks for the Answer, but i've already looked at it, and i did again, i don't see how i Can Create Multiple Customer portal for my existing contacts ??
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Can you clarify your question?  Just follow the existing implementation guide for each portal you wish to create.

MohaMoha
emm no, i want as example if i can select multiple Contacts and then create customer portal for them Automatically, is there a way to do that ?
and for creating one by one, it's not useful if i've got many contacts
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Ah, no, you can't do that.  Portals are part of the metadata API so you can't create them from Apex.

MohaMoha
mmmmm, okey thanks for the answer :)
MohaMoha
ah Bob i've got another question if you don't mind, i have a junctionObject and i want to apply a workflow rule to don't accept duplicate record , i'll explain
i have Contact and Event__c related with JunctionObject so i developed the functionnality of inviting many contacts to an Event, so what i want is that when i want to invite contacts in the next time it shouldn't accept Duplicate and inform that those records are duplicate, i wrote workflow rule but it doesn't work
thanks for the help
Nageen HussainNageen Hussain

Hi,

I have Force.com IDE stand alone. Please advise from where can I remove Java 1.7? When I click on File I see properties disabled until I select a project and then click File> Properties again. Still then I dont see Java 1.7.

Thanks

T ToddT Todd

This is getting tougher to do since Oracle no longer offers old versions of Java for download.  Luckily the advice to switch workspaces worked for me.

_yash__yash_
Guys this is becoming a showstopper for me. Not able to install JRE6 from Oracle since it is no longer available. Eclipse Helios installed recently still facing the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.
itsmemarioitsmemario
My solution is simple and it doesn´t require to uninstall and reinstall any sw.

Please follow the Breadcrumb:
Open Eclipse
>Window->Java->Install JREs->Execution Enviroment->Click JavaSE-1.6->Checkbox "eclipse[perfect match]" -> Ok

Reopen your proyect -> problem fixed.

Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
Toshiba AMD E-450 APU
Windows 7 (64bit)
Eclipse IDE for Java Developers-Helios Service Release 2 (64bit)
Java 1.6 & Java 1.7

Naresh ChandaNaresh Chanda
I ran into the same problem and the solution from itsmemario worked even for java 1.8
Amy YuAmy Yu
I ran into the same issue and I used the solution from itsmemario. It worked!!!.