function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MonaliDMonaliD 

Field set issue

Hi all,

I have defined FieldSet on custom object .Object file of that object shows me available fields and displayed fields

But when I try to deploy that object on other org build fails and it gives me error saying "AvailableFields in FieldSet is not editable for your organization." If I remove availableFields tag from object file then no build failures.

Please help me in solving this issue.I am not able to find anything related to this. 

Thanks,

Monali

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
spraetzspraetz

Hey Monali,

Are you deploying to an Enterprise Edition org?  If so, when creating a Field Set in an EE org, you do not get to define "available fields".  You can only define fields that are in the field set. 

If this is a Developer Org, you should be able to edit the fields so long as you're not editing a FieldSet that is from a managed package.

If this is no help, I suggest filing a support case.

All Answers

spraetzspraetz

Hey Monali,

Are you deploying to an Enterprise Edition org?  If so, when creating a Field Set in an EE org, you do not get to define "available fields".  You can only define fields that are in the field set. 

If this is a Developer Org, you should be able to edit the fields so long as you're not editing a FieldSet that is from a managed package.

If this is no help, I suggest filing a support case.

This was selected as the best answer
MonaliDMonaliD

hey spraetz,

Thanks for your reply.Yes ,I was deplying it on Enterprise Edition org.

pbortpbort
Could you expand on this a little please? I've deployed from a developer org to an EE org with these set as a managed package but I'm running into this error while using the Migration Tool.