function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SpothSpoth 

Integration of .Net Application with Salesforce.

Hello,

I'm trying to Integrate a .Net web application with Salesforce.

Tasks.

1) The Documents in the Notes and Attachments of Opportunity Object should be passed back and forth. Ie, from Salesforce to .net App.
2) Fields Mapping.

My Approach and Issues I'm facing.

First I've generated the Enterprise Wsdl and passed them to the .Net developer. I have taken his .wsdl file and tried to parse it directly in Sandbox by using Generate WSDL button.

ERROR : "Failed to parse wsdl: Found more than one wsdl:binding. WSDL with multiple binding not supported"

What can be done now? Am i following the right Approach? If anyone could guide me the proper steps, it would be very helpful

Thanks a lot.

Raj.

logontokartiklogontokartik

You can go in two approaches here 

1. SOAP Based Approach

2. REST Based Approach

When you have given your enterprise WSDL to .NET Developer, you are exposing your Salesforce Objects as SOAP WS. They can code towards it using it. Please refer to .NET Development examples in Force.com Wiki

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Web_Services_API#.NET

When you want to Send something from Salesforce to .NET, you can take their endpoints or WSDL provided they dont have multiple bindings defined. Generally .NET uses WCF for generating their WSDL's and will have multiple bindings.  

Check with them if they can accept Http POST aka REST Based calls, if yes, you can do a Http Callout to that Service and that would be a better approach .

SpothSpoth

Thank You so much for the reply.

I'm unable to figure out a nother thing if you could help me out?

Could we add a "Notes and Attachments" to an EXISTING Custom Object? If yes then, could u describe the navigation?

Thank you..

logontokartiklogontokartik

Please navigate to the page layout of the Custom Object and you can add Notes & Attachments Related List.

Dev_SinghDev_Singh

Please suggest me steps of  salesforce integration with.net.

I want the integration of Salesforce attachment with my application in.net

Thanks in advance.