function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GangulyGanguly 

Automate data loading process

Hi,

I have a requirement like..I have many csv files and the corresponding mapping files. I want to load them into Salesforce through Data loader. Is there any way like , if i kick start the loading of one file, all the other files will automatically follow its loading one after the other.

I cant use the option of Scheduling because, the requirement is such that everytime I kick start the first file the other files should follow automatically. So, as we cant schedule it everytime, the Option of Scheduling through Command Line is not Open to me.

Is there any other way to achieve this.

Please Help.

Regards,

Kaushik

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jake GmerekJake Gmerek

It seems to me that you should be able to accomplish this with a batch file.  Just call the jobs in order.  I have not tried it, but in general a batch file will wait for one command to execute before calling the next one.  So if you list the Jobs one after the other it should perform as you want and all you would have to do to kick it off is double-click on the file.

All Answers

Jake GmerekJake Gmerek

It seems to me that you should be able to accomplish this with a batch file.  Just call the jobs in order.  I have not tried it, but in general a batch file will wait for one command to execute before calling the next one.  So if you list the Jobs one after the other it should perform as you want and all you would have to do to kick it off is double-click on the file.

This was selected as the best answer
GangulyGanguly

Thanks Jake

PragPrag

Hi.

For your requirement u must need a XML file for which you will be having some parameters in default. Than u have to create a bat file which is nothing but commands which we are using in CMD window to run the XML. This is the complete flow and this alone is not automation. The bat file what u have created should be scheduled. You can schedule it via Windows scheduler. Here you have to mention about recursion, date, time etc