function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prakash chaudharyprakash chaudhary 

Compress PDF while generating...

Please tell me, since i am generating PDF from VFPage but it is taking too much size probably near about 3.0 MB of single document but I want to compress it while generating probably in KB's so please tell me how can i compress it.

It is so important bcoz If i will make PDF of 3.0 MB then it will time to generate also so it might create problem to us so please reply of it urgently..

Regards...

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

If the data you displaying on PDF is making it of 3MB then you can't do any thing. The only option seems to me is just refactor your code to get less data.

You can't compress the data and display it on PDF.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

prakash chaudharyprakash chaudhary

Nope Ankit, I was also thinking the same.

But in one application I have seen it that they have generated probably 30 pages PDF file & the size of that PDF is of probably 68-70 KB & PDF was fully loaded with google charts & texts.

Bcoz of that I want to do it & as i hope that it is possible bt we need to take help of plugin to compress it at the time of creation...

Hope with this hint you will get some clue to get it even though i am also looking to get it...

Regards...

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Just wondering how you are checking the size of PDF before creating it? Are you checking it after downloading it?

If yes then, it will be good if you can post your code here and explain a bit what kind of data you are getting in the PDF. As I have worked a lot on generating PDF and have created PDF with very large data facing unexpected errors.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page