function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmoynihancmoynihan 

Apex Trigger user for debug log?

I am testing a trigger I wrote for Case Comment notifications, and I want to be able to see my debug messages when a Self Service Portal User enters a comment.

How do I go about viewing these? They don't show up in the debug logs, but I am guessing that is because the SSP User is the one setting off the trigger, ont any of the internal users.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
cmoynihancmoynihan

I ended up sending an email message for debugging purposes with the information I needed. I couldn't figure out another way to do it.

All Answers

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Go to -> Monitoring -> Debug Logs - Click New Button -> Just find out using lookup that portal user and clicking save . This user should be the one SSP user by that you are testing with.

Then when you will test it with that user will see debug logs.

cmoynihancmoynihan

I can't figure out how to add a Self Service Portal User to the debug log. It won't find any of them when I type in their name.

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

did you lookup and search the Self Service Portal User provide Full Name in search or you can use wild card serach like

if full name is Mike Force then search like

*Mik

cmoynihancmoynihan

That doesn't work. It seems the Debug Logs only let me use real Users, not Self Service Portal Users. This is pretty frustrating since I can't troubleshoot my Apex code for SSP Users.

cmoynihancmoynihan

I ended up sending an email message for debugging purposes with the information I needed. I couldn't figure out another way to do it.

This was selected as the best answer