function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
__ 

Winter'12 Force.com IDE....

Does anyone know if there is a new release coming up for IDE? Are there alternatives for force.com ide? 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
spraetzspraetz

Just spoke with the person in charge of its release.  Should be out by this afternoon Pacific time.

All Answers

spraetzspraetz

Yes, the IDE is getting updated in Winter '12 to support the new API versions. 

__

Where can I get it?

Tim__mTim__m

Why isn't there anything in the Winter '12 release notes or in the dev preview webinar about an IDE update. There was a question at the end of the first webinar about the IDE but I missed Sandeep's response. I was unable to refer to the recorded session because the second session was posted, and the FAQ's for the webinar have note been posted yet.

I really would like some in site on SF's plan with the IDE. Are we getting a updated Eclipse addon or are we getting a new shiny web IDE like BrainEngine Next? Something would be better then nothing.

Tim__m

__

Why is this highlighted as a solution? The question is still open... Where is Winter'12 IDE?

spraetzspraetz

You can get it sometime later next week.  I believe it is Monday, but not 100% certain.

anatolizanatoliz

In addition to api upgrade, what else is included?

DeptonDepton

Still waiting for the new force.com IDE plug-in For winter ´12

When it will be available!??

Thank you!

ricardcabreraricardcabrera

Still waiting. I can't believe it's not ready yet.

CloudMikeCloudMike

I have to agree with my fellow colleagues here.  No IDE updates since Winter '11, several released behind.  Did SF forget about supporting the developer community?  I'm honestly concerned!

Someone in the know please update on the status of the Force.com IDE.  Thanks in advance

DeptonDepton

Still Nothing??

............................:(

spraetzspraetz

Just spoke with the person in charge of its release.  Should be out by this afternoon Pacific time.

This was selected as the best answer
pbackenpbacken

It's finally out, but it does not work!

Connection errors that do not allow for refreshing or deploying.

Reverting back to the 20.x release fixed the issue.  ANy ideas when the connection issues will be fixed?

AndyOgnenoffAndyOgnenoff

I'm getting the same connection issues.  What was your process for rolling back to v20?

cmendlercmendler
The only Force.com IDE updates I can see when going from 20.0 to 23.0 (other than the basic API upgrade) is that you can no longer select individual Custom Labels nor individual Custom Fields on Custom Objects. This is of course because neither of these functionalities worked in previous versions (Errors either on selection or deployment). The solution is apparently to exclude even the option of selecting these items. You may now only pull down the entire Custom Label selection or an entire Custom Object. The Custom Field (on a Custom Object) issue was touted by an SFDC rep to be fixed in Spring '10... Yes, they actually promised this early 2010! http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Force-com-IDE-Cannot-deploy-individual-Custom-Field-on-a-Custom/td-p/159914 Yet, here we are... 2 years later and the "fix" was just to limit functionality so the error doesn't happen. The new IDE is an attempt at sweeping issues under the rug moreso than an actual upgrade.
cmendlercmendler
Also appears that you can no longer select individual custom fields on standard objects either... NO CLUE why this would be removed.
cmendlercmendler

Another great feature of the new release:  YOU CAN NO LONGER ACCESS EMAIL TEMPLATES!!!

This never was an issue before.  Why was this removed???  Someone really dropped the ball on this release. 

craigmhcraigmh

I think SFDC is slowly trying to break all developer tools to fit their NO SOFTWARE motto.

Bing@putBing@put

What a shame!  I'm disappointed by SFDC for the removal of individual field selection for metadata...