function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Med UsaMed Usa 

How to export Data from Salesforce to another software ?

Hello,

We want to export some data from Salesforce automatically (for example, each monday) in a csv format and after we want to import them in another software. I want to choose the data I want to export.

How can I do this ? Does it exist an API or an Apex to do that ?

I tried the Data Loader but there isn't a way to do it automatically.

Do you an idea ?

Thank you.

Ali KhanAli Khan

You can do it with the help of webservice or some type of integration tool like Boomi atomsphere or Apatar depending on your requirement

Thanks

Med UsaMed Usa

I want to specify that the export is on some criteria and the data have to be imported in a SQL DB.

The data have to be exported one time and data should be recorded as exported to avoid that they be exported the next time.

How do you mean with "the help of webservices" ? With API ?

Thank you.

Ali KhanAli Khan

You can do another thing that create a report and apply schedule on it regarding some criteria and then fetch it on CSV file.

alibzafaralibzafar

Hi Med Usa,

You can use scripted Data loader (using data loader from command line) for automatically exporting Salesforce records, you create batch process and schedule it using windows task scheduler, here is the link you may find useful 

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Using_Data_Loader_from_the_command_line.

But scripted data loader is not smart enough to get records based on particular criteria. For this you can have any Integration platform like Boomi,scribe, Informatica or any other middle ware that supports SF and SQL. 

Thanks 

Med UsaMed Usa

I try to search a solution with Webservices.

I have just found this link : http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm

But there isn't a real explanation.

Do you have one with details on how we can do ?

Thank you. :smileyhappy: