function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
samrat.1985@lntinfotechsamrat.1985@lntinfotech 

An issue with Component, Controller and New field

HI,

I am working in SandBox. here is wher i am stuck.

I have a custom object with custom fields. I am retrieving valus from various fields with a component.

The component controller class has the query to retrieve fields. ANd everything is working fine.

But now when i have added a new field on the object and referenced it on the controller class and have entered values in this field, the component is not retieving data from the new field. It gives blank.

All the fields are having editable mode.

DOnt knw what can be the problem an uregent help required. Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

So the field is visible through the public access settings for the site in question?

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

What type of field is this?  Have you checked the field level security to ensure it is visible to the profile?  What happens if you simply use a merge field on the page to retrieve the field - i.e. {!myObject.My_Field__c} (without wrapping it in an apex tag).

We are using a force.com site public page and the field is visible to all available sites.

Its a simple text field with 255 characters. I am able to retrieve all the field using merge field except for the new field that i just created.

Still confused about the problem or mistake m making.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

So the field is visible through the public access settings for the site in question?

This was selected as the best answer

Hey Bob,

Thanks man. I missed this setting. Thanks a lot