function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JonReevesJonReeves 

Passing Variables from Page to Controller?

I'm hoping this is a simple syntax question.

I'm trying to find a way I can pass a variable from a VF Page to an extensionController. I was expecting it to be something like:

{!myClass(variable)} or {!myClass, variable} but I'm not seeing it referenced anywhere like this.

Basically I'm trying to build a table in my VF page, to show all the KnowledgeArticles we have, I'd like to add 2 columns to display the NormalizedScore of both the Views and the Votes, so I figured I have to write a extensionClass, however because the VF Page is a list of Articles I don't have access to the Id param in the page to build a SOQL off of. I figured I could call something like... <apex:outputText value="{!myClass, article.Id}" /> passing the Id over to myClass and allowing me to find the Vote/View. The context of this line.

the context of that line would be this:

<apex:outputPanel layout="block"> 
        <table>
            <tr>
                <th>Article Title</th>
                <th>Type</th>
                <th>Ratings</th>
                <th>Most Viewed</th>
            </tr>                
            <knowledge:articleList articleVar="article" sortBy="mostViewed" pageSize="100" pageNumber="1" keyword="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.search}" articleTypes="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.types}">
                <tr>
                    <td>
                        <a href="{!URLFOR($Action.KnowledgeArticle.View, article.id)}">{!article.title}</a>
                        <p>{!article.summary}</p>
                    </td>
                    <td>{!article.articleTypeLabel}</td>
                    <td><apex:outputText value="{!myClass, article.id}" /></td>
                    <td></td>
                </tr>
            </knowledge:articleList>
        </table>
    </apex:outputPanel>

thanks for any advice.

J

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

Hi,

Check this link.

http://salesforceworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/parameter-passing-using.html

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

Chamil's Blog