function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ClaiborneClaiborne 

Permission to Schedule Apex

From what I can find out so far, the only way to give a user permission to Schedule Apex is to provide the user's profile with permission to "Author Apex." Unfortunately, doing this requires that the profile also have the ability to Modify All Data, which I really do not want to do. We use FinancialForce, and we try to keep a lot of that locked down.

The reason I want the specific user to schedule the apex job (other than because I do not want to do it) is that the message sent when the batch job completes goes to whoever scheduled the job.

So, is there a way to provide a profile (or permission set) so that a user can Schedule Apex but not have to actually Author Apex?

Also, why does the Schedule Apex button appear if the user cannot use it?

spraetzspraetz

There is no way to give someone the ability to schedule apex without giving them the ability to write it.

Also, the button probably shouldn't show if they don't have the ability to schedule it.

Both are very good suggestions.  Thanks for your feedback.

Timo Bierbrauer 2Timo Bierbrauer 2
What about executing it, though? I don't see why the author apex permission was needed to run a scheduled job. I got a scheduled Apex rest callout, but when removing the 'autho apex' permission I receive a 403 Forbidden upon running it.