function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sunny_SlpSunny_Slp 

Editing apex class in Production

I need to add a small change to the code in production, I know it is not possible via UI, but I read in the documentation that it can be done via either deploy or forceIDE. My thing against deploying is we have lot of tests, and these minor changes come in frequently. So deploying for every minor change takes a lot of time.

When doing via forceIDE, can I just modify the code in the IDE's editor and right click the class-> "save to server" ? or do I have "deploy to server" even with forceIDE?

Any help with be appreciated.

Thanks,

SunnySlp

NikuNiku

Hello Sunny,

I think you can not edit class on production if it is visualforce Page then it is ok. but save to salesforce will not help you..... if you are doing work in the Sandbox.

If changes are minor then fetch your production classess and Pages in the Force.Com IDE or in Eclipse. and directly update the class on prodution it self. But be carefull, and then just copy and paste your code in to the sandbox it self. 

Thanks and regards

Nik's

UVUV

Not possible directly in production..Make changes in Sandbox and deploy the code again using Changeset/Eclipse/Migration Tool.

Mohd SarfrazMohd Sarfraz
We can edit apex class in only Enterprise Edition of Salesforce.