function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sreelekhasreelekha 

About Opportunity and Quote

Problem:    Multiple quotes per opportunity – Reps will be able to have multiple quotes attached to each opportunity.  They will be allowed to designate which quote will be the ‘primary’ quote and that primary quote will pass it’s pricing to the opportunity.  The opportunity amount will only reflect the primary quote’s pricing.

For that I have written a trigger to pass the 'primary quote' total price to the opportunity amount field.It is working for it.

But when i adding the product from opportunity detail page then amount field of opportunity becomes read only.But i want to pass the total price of quote to the amount field .Is there any possibility to do this.can any one reply me please.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

When you have products on an opportunity, the products dictate the total amount fo the opportunity. You can not both have products and specify a manual amount on an opportunity.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

When you have products on an opportunity, the products dictate the total amount fo the opportunity. You can not both have products and specify a manual amount on an opportunity.

This was selected as the best answer
osamanosaman

Whenever you add a product in quote, the OpportunityLineItems and Opportunity Amount get updated.

Thanks