function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Baktash H.Baktash H. 

rerender component with action support

Hello,

i have a little problem.

I want to use actionsupport to rerender sth.

I tried to build this http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_actionSupport.htm

in my script, but it didn't work for me, and i think i know why.

It looks like this:

<apex:outputpanel id="region">

<apex:actionSupport event="onclick" action="{!ListPlusOne}" rerender="Region">
                 <apex:outputText  value="Click: {!Listsize}"/>
             </apex:actionsupport>

</apex:outputpanel

Actually it should refresh {!Listsize} too, when I click on the text, but it doesn't. I think it doesn't refresh it, because i get  {!Listsize} out of the controller. I do a Soql, save the listsize in that variable and show it on the VF page.

The function ListPlusOne adds a record to ListSize. Maybe first the controller gets the Listsize and then it shows the old value und after that it adds a record to the list.

I hope you understand my problem, I want that when I click on the text, It increments by one and shows the new listsize.

vishal@forcevishal@force

there is no commandButton or commandLink?

the onClick event is for which component?

Baktash H.Baktash H.

In salesforce's example is no command-component too...

the onclick event occurs when i click on the outputtext, i think because it is in the actionsupport tag.

or do you think i should better use a command-component?

vishal@forcevishal@force

well I have always used a component for re-rendering. I don't think it re-renders or even calls the controller by just clicking on output text.

Baktash H.Baktash H.

I tried it now with an commandButton too...it adds the record, and i see it when i refresh the page, but i does not rerender immedietly...do you have a solution?