function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alok29novalok29nov 

Getting an error in a batch class

I have written a below batch class and getting an errror. the error is "Compile Error: line breaks not allowed in string literals " .It refers to assigning the query result to string q . Other code is written but  i dont think there is any issue. I am able to spot the error while it is standard way to make a query and store it in a string. Please help.

global class batchClassCloseProbability1 implements Database.batchable<sObject>{

/*#################Variable Declaration#################################*/

global final String q;

Integer prbv  = 0;
Integer prbb  = 0;
Decimal i7=0;
Decimal i8=0;
Decimal i9=0;

global batchClassCloseProbability1()
    {

q = 'Select id, name,StageVFlag__c, StageBFlag__c,StageAFlag__c,StageEFlag__c,StageCFlag__c,StageGFlag__c,ownerid, status__c, type, amount, AM_Opportunity_ID__c,Closed_Probablity_Stage_V__c,Closed_Probablity_Stage_A__c' ;

}

global database.querylocator start(Database.BatchableContext bc) {

return Database.getQueryLocator(query);

}

Thanks

~Alok

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma

Hi alok29nov,

Your query string q in incomplete. so, try executing it with completed query in string .

alok29novalok29nov

hey just missed some part of query to post here.. it is like

q = 'Select id, name,StageVFlag__c, StageBFlag__c,StageAFlag__c,StageEFlag__c,StageCFlag__c,StageGFlag__c,ownerid, status__c, type, amount, AM_Opportunity_ID__c,Closed_Probablity_Stage_V__c,Closed_Probablity_Stage_A__c from Opportunity'

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma

try it in system log

q = 'Select id, name,StageVFlag__c, StageBFlag__c,StageAFlag__c,StageEFlag__c,StageCFlag__c,StageGFlag__c,ownerid, status__c, type, amount, AM_Opportunity_ID__c,Closed_Probablity_Stage_V__c,Closed_Probablity_Stage_A__c from Opportunity'
system.debug('==Query results=='+database.query(q));

Check if the query is proper and ensure its the exact line number of error.

alok29novalok29nov

Hi Rahul,

there is no error is query. When i am trying to assign it to  'q'  then im getting a error because query has been done in '------' instead of [...]. but this is the standard way when we query in a batch class. the query is workinf fine when i i give it in below start  method.

global database.querylocator start(Database.BatchableContext bc) {

return Database.getQueryLocator(query);

}

here [[ Database.getQueryLocator(the whole query)]] if i write the same query instead of passing it in string 'q' i get no error.

ospehnerospehner

Hi Rahul,

Actually, you just have a carriage return character in your line code when you try to assign your query to your string.