function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Santro652Santro652 

Sharing Rules Help needed

Hi,

We have many roles in the system and this is my customers requirement:

Role-1: Royalty admin

Role-2: Temp Royalty

Role-3: Royalty User

Hierarchy level : Role1,2,3 are in same hierrachy: I.E: Reporting to one particular role

Object: X

The records which are created by Royalty Admin should be visible to 'Temp Royalty' and ' Royalty User' and the users should have only read only access for the records.

On object X there is a check box named 'Duplicate' and the records which are created with the check box=True, these records should be visible only to 'Royalty Admin' users.

I have created 2 public groups where in the first group contains Role-1 and the 2nd Group contains Role-2&3.

I have written a sharing rule where in Group-1 is shared with Group-2 with only read only permission.

But when i create another criteria based sharing rule where in only the records which have duplicate = True to be visible to Group-1. When i do this the records which have duplicate=True is visible to Group-2 also. can anyone check and let me know if i am doing correct or is there any alternative solution for this.

Thanks for help......

grigri9grigri9

Sharing rules can work on roles as well. You don't need to create public groups. If you just split up your sharing rules by role it should work. If you really need public groups for some reason just break up group 2 into two groups (one for each role) and write the sharing rules for those groups separately.