function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cathy_icathy_i 

Creating Autonumber field that reset per product entry in Opportunity

Hi, 

Im a newbie in salesforce so i don't really know how to do trigger and extensive formula. I need to create a field that is Series No. that will automatically increment when an opportunity is created. However this incremental function depends on which product (custom field) has been chosen because we have a couple of products that involves a range in series.

ex.

Product 1, 2, 3 - series should belong to 0000 to 2999

Product 4, 5 - series should belong to 3000 to 3999

If Opportunity 1 is posted choosing Prod 1 series should be 00001

If Opportunity 2 is posted choosing Prod 1 (same product) series should be 00002

If Opportunity 3 is posted choosing Prod 2 (same product) series should be 00003

If Opportunity 4 is posted choosing Prod 4 (same product) series should be 30001

please help.

thanks,

cat

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You have to write the trigger on opportunity. You have to bulkily the code at your own.

Try the below code as reference:

trigger OpportunityCount on Opportunity (before insert)
{
for(Opportunity o:trigger.new)
{
system.debug('#################' +o.Product_Type__c);
if(o.Product_Type__c=='Product 1' ||o.Product_Type__c=='Product 2' ||o.Product_Type__c=='Product 3')
{
list<Opportunity> op1=[select id,TextAutoNumber__c from Opportunity where (Product_Type__c ='Product 1' or Product_Type__c ='Product 2' or Product_Type__c ='Product 3') and TextAutoNumber__c !=null order by TextAutoNumber__c desc];
if(op1.size() > 0)
o.TextAutoNumber__c =op1[0].TextAutoNumber__c + 1;
else
o.TextAutoNumber__c= 00001;
}
else if(o.Product_Type__c=='Product 4' ||o.Product_Type__c=='Product 5' )
{
list<Opportunity> op2=[select id,TextAutoNumber__c from Opportunity where (Product_Type__c ='Product 4' or Product_Type__c ='Product 5') and TextAutoNumber__c !=null order by TextAutoNumber__c desc];
system.debug('@@@@@@@@@@@@@' + op2.size());
if(op2.size() > 0)
o.TextAutoNumber__c =op2[0].TextAutoNumber__c + 1;
else
o.TextAutoNumber__c= 30001;

}
}
}

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

cathy_icathy_i

Hello,

Thank you for your email. sorry it took me more than 1 year to check this answer. Actually i couldn't understand most part of it. but i'll try to test it and will get back to you.

can you please make some comments on what line pertains to. 

thank you very much.

cat