function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
andrea15andrea15 

Sharing Rules Help needed

Hi,

We have many roles in the system and this is my customers requirement:

Role-1: Royalty admin

Role-2: Temp Royalty

Role-3: Royalty User

Hierarchy level : Role1,2,3 are in same hierrachy: I.E: Reporting to one particular role

Object: X

The records which are created by Royalty Admin should be visible to 'Temp Royalty' and ' Royalty User' and the users should have only read only access for the records.

On object X there is a check box named 'Duplicate' and the records which are created with the check box=True, these records should be visible only to 'Royalty Admin' users.

I have created 2 public groups where in the first group contains Role-1 and the 2nd Group contains Role-2&3.

I have written a sharing rule where in Group-1 is shared with Group-2 with only read only permission.

But when i create another criteria based sharing rule where in only the records which have duplicate = True to be visible to Group-1. When i do this the records which have duplicate=True is visible to Group-2 also. can anyone check and let me know if i am doing correct or is there any alternative solution for this.

Thanks for help......

Arish_KhanArish_Khan

Hi,

Please change the Organization-Wide Defaults Sharing setting to Private for that OBJECT X and then create the sharing rule.

you will find this under:

Setup>Administration Setup>Security Controls>Sharing Setting.

If the reply resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You have to change the sharing. I think for your second scenario you have shared the record with group2 users instead of group1. Or there may be possible that since you have shared the group1 records with group2 users it will show that record to group2 users no matter that you have selected the checkbox or not but for group2 users only those record will be shared in which you have mentioned the checkbox as true.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.