function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mlawrencemlawrence 

Programatically create/set tasks as Unresolved Items

I have an app that creates completed tasks from emails through the SFDC API. However when it fails I would like to create the task as an Unresolved Item.

There doesn't appear to be much information anywhere (except Marketing stuff) about programatically creating or flagging objects as Unresolved Items or otherwise getting them into that interface for the user. Has anyone been able to do this or have any thoughts?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

My best guess is that there isn't an offical way to do this (yet?). Unresolved items are related to synchronizing with the Outlook connector, so it might be limited just to a special API that can only be accessed with the connector's client key. I just checked the documentation to be sure. Generally, if the docs are silent on a matter, it means that you can't do what you're looking for. Try contacting technical support though, and let us know if you find out anything.

Ami AssayagAmi Assayag

I am looking for the same thing, but I don't think it is possible right now. I tried to duplicate tasks that are already in the unresolved list, and it still didn't get there - there must be a hidden field that is not available in the API.

I am going to have to build my own "unresolved items" now...