function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NileshANileshA 

Pushing Bulk Data from External Source & maintaining governor limits

Hi,

I need to push bulk data back to salesforce in one of my applications. I am using OAuth to authenticate and then access organization data from my external application.
Fetching bulk data is fine as it happens in a single query. No governor limits exceeded for number of SOQLs, size of response is managed by using limit, sort.

Problem: I am facing governor limit issues in pushing data back to salesforce since I am updating each record individually using REST _HttpMethod How can I update data back in bulk programitcally? Is Bulk API the only solution? I want to avoid Bulk API as it deals with the Curl system call and file gneration to pass on data. Isn't there an option in the REST API?

Can any one suggest the best method to achieve this, so that I do not cross the governor limits.

Regards,
Nilesh

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

As far as I'm aware you can't update multiple records using the REST API.  We've used the web services API in the past for this.

NileshANileshA

Thanks Bob for your instant reply.

So do you mean Bulk API is the only way out? Any other suggestion, anybody?

Regards,
Nilesh

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You could write a custom apex web service that takes a collection of objects - we've gone that route in the past.