function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kibitzerkibitzer 

Apex Test Execution considered a DOS attack?

Here's a fun one that I"m hoping someone may have some insight on...

Apex Test Execution in Spring runs a bunch of tests at once (as compared to winter when it only ran 3 or 4 at a time).  I already logged a case to address a problem of sporadic limit exceptions occuring during Apex Test Execution.

Well, today I noticed that while running tests under Apex Test Execution, many of our VisualForce pages start returning:

"To protect all customers from excessive usage and Denial of Service attacks, we limit the number of long-running requests that are processed at the same time by an organization. Your request has been denied because this limit has been exceeded by your organization. Please try your request again later. "

It looks like SFDC isn't excluding those tests from whatever limits it uses to detect a DOS attack.

Has anyone seen this?

Our application has about 130 unit tests in 25 classes - some include bulk testing and complex scenarios - so they can take a while to run even individually.

Dan

rungerrunger

Thanks for reporting this, I'll get a fix in as soon as I can.

JWykelJWykel

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this does not seem to be fixed.  We were running tests yesterday in our sandbox and it started throwing this error.  We left it over night and it still throws this error, even when trying to run a single test.

Any insight on how to go about fixing and/or getting round this?