function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
minkeshminkesh 

Remove aprooval process

Hi folks,

I have created one aprooval process and i have activated it for testing purpose but aprooval process was wrong so i have inactive that process and created new one. Now when i am trying to delete the old one i am not able to do so.

I am getting error given below :-

Cannot Modify Active/Once Active Approval Process Definition Once an approval process has been activated, you cannot add or remove steps. Please create a new approval process from this one for modification. You may only delete an approval process that has no data records associated with it.

Click here to return to the previous page.       

Please help me in this matter.

Thanks,

Minkesh Patel

apapapap

Hi ,

Here is the line from salesforce doc->

"Before deleting an approval process, make sure it is inactive and

that no records have been submitted for approval. If any records have been submitted, delete them and remove them from
the Recycle Bin."

Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro

Hi,

Before deleting an approval process, make sure it is inactive and that no records have been submitted for approval. If any records have been submitted, delete them and remove them from the Recycle Bin also.

NehaVNehaV

You will be able to only delete the approval process if you delete all those records and empty the recycle bin.

Sometimes even if all records that are using the approval process in question are deleted, you still might not be able to delete the approval process.

The reason for this is that emptying the recycle bin does not mean that the record still doesn't exist in the database.There is a process called "PhysicalDelete" that comes along and deletes all records that have been soft-deleted but no longer exist in the recycle bin. This process typically runs on the weekend.

After the weekend, you should have tried to delete the approval process again, when the recycle bin is cleaned up permanently.

As long as you have deleted the All the records and removed them from the Recycle Bin Salesforce will automatically do the PhysicalDelete after 30 days.then u can delete approval processes.