function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sushma PriyaSushma Priya 

Help required in Salesforce Integration to External System

Hi,

As part of a Project, we are in the process of identifying the

1. Number of ways to connect to an External System from Salesforce(As we need to connect to the external system, get required data from the external system and use that data in the Salesforce application) and

2. Finalizing the feasible/suitable approach of the above.

Can anyone please provide the different approaches of connecting Salesforce to External Systems and their feasibility in usage.

If you can give me a sample code for each of the approaches that would be of really great help for me.

Thanks in advance,

Sush.

soofsoof

Hey!

I believe the cleanest way to do what you require is to connect via SOAP or REST web services.  Please refer to the following page in apex doc for details on how to accomplish that.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_callouts.htm

REST is becoming more and more in vogue these days, primarily b/c it is light-weight, and is also the preferred method for mobile devices.  SOAP is old-school... robust, and secure, but there's a lot of 'extra' XML that makes it a heavier than REST.  I would generally prefer SOAP, but the decision to opt b/w one of these also depends upon what kind of services/interface you have on the external system.  Since I do not have any knowledge about your external system, I can only make general suggestions, and not a measured one.

Please post specific questions if you run into issues while implementing this... it is fun! :)

Thanks.

andrew.bladesandrew.blades

Hi Sushma,

Are you still looking for assistance with this integration? If so, I believe I can offer some assistance as I have helped several thousand Salesforce users to integrate with external systems.

Please feel free to contact me at andrew.blades@pervasive.com

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards,

Andrew Blades

sas619sas619

Hi andrew

can you help me on some tutorial about how to integrate sfdc with external system using apex code by calling any web services in screen shot format or any guided steps?