function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Riz234Riz234 

Parallel Approvers regardless of result

We have eight divisions (all check box) in custom object.

1 ) GIS 2) Security 3) Systems 4) DM 5) Networking 6) BSS 7) UC 8) O&M

In salesforce I have two options only, first option user can send approval request step by step; first approval step approves then goes to next step then next step. Second option user should select one division, take approval then select next division, take approval.

I want the Approval request goes simaltaneously to the selected divisions (If selected four divisions, then four approval requests should go to the approvers). One can approve, one can reject, regardless of the result.

I check in the salesforce community it is only possible through codes/triggers. Iam not good in writing codes/triggers. Can Anybody help me on this; I will be very thanful.

Starz26Starz26

You need to have those field (Approvers) on the object somehow.....A seperate lookup to another object, or user object, etc.

So on the record being submitted, the user selects which person is the approver for each category.

Then in the approval process steps, check the radio "Automatically assign to approvers.

Then select related user, pick the lookup for each one

Select Approve or reject based on the FIRST response.

Not sure how it will work out if one of them are null though....

Riz234Riz234

I test that but it will not work if user selects two or more than one divisions.

If user selects two divisions, then it will work for first approval process only (first division selected), it will not go for second process since already first approval processed done. If I put as step one and step two, then it will go only after first approval approves.

As I told in my post, I need to go approvals simaltaneously to the selected division regarless of result. If user selects four divisions, one division can approve and three divisions can reject.

By direct salesforce methodology it will not work, it seems either i have to write any code or need to go any work around.

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate your support and help. Any other workaround / suggestion / advice ?