function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GC_00001GC_00001 

Help needed with case trigger that does not run for new record types

I have an insert/update trigger (not written by me) on the case object which has been working fine.
I have now added a couple of new case record types but this trigger does not appear to run for either of them. Is there something I need to set to activate the trigger against these new record types?

I had assumed that the trigger was against the Case object and so would run irrespective of the record type. I am new to Apex code altogether and have a problem with knowing where to start with trying to debug this problem. There does not seem to be any hard code that refers to the record type for functions that would eliminate these record types.
Best Answer chosen by GC_00001
krprkrpr

If its not working for all record types then it must specific to one record type.

All Answers

steve456steve456

Could you paste the code so that we can llok into it....I think the logic is written to work for only  certain record types

craigmhcraigmh

Agreed with Steve...I don't think triggers can automatically be set to only work for certain record types.

krprkrpr

If its not working for all record types then it must specific to one record type.

This was selected as the best answer
GC_00001GC_00001
Sorry for not closing this one off - events overtook but thank you for all comments.