function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner 

EventAttendee still not Creatable?

I had thought I saw something in the Summer '11 API documentation that said EventAttendee was creatable.  But, I checked the current API docs and it does not say that EventAttendee is creatable.  I tried a little ad-hoc Apex test anyway and I was not able to insert an EventAttendee record.

Is it still impossible to create a record in EventAttendee with code?

TopalovichTopalovich

It is still the case in Spring '12, and we are on our fourth workaround to try and find something...anything...to add Invitees programatically outside of just appending them as URL params in a custom button that opens a new Event page.

I also just discovered that we can't write triggers on EventAttendee to listen for Accept / Reject events.  This object, and the entire event scheduling system, is just a complete PITA.

I had a dream once where salesforce.com stopped buying social media and HR companies and rewrote Salesforce to work 100% on top of the API so that we wouldn't be shut out of these black box processes, but then I woke up and had to go to the office to design more workarounds to black box processes.