function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sridhar VenkateswaraluSridhar Venkateswaralu 

HandledException : Invalid query locator

Hi All,

I am not able to catch the below exception and it is being displayed on to the front end.

core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException: INVALID_QUERY_LOCATOR: invalid query locator.

can you also let me know wat is the difference between Handled and Unhandled exception??

waiting your quick response.

Thanks,

Sridhar

alok29novalok29nov

Handled expception is that when you add try and catch blocks in your code so that when any exception is thrown, it will handled in try and catch blocks.

Unhandled exception is when there is no try and catch blocks in code and it throws exception because of that.

Thanks..

Thanks Alok.

But  in that case, dont you think that mentioned exception should be caught .and also why am i not getting this exception in debug log and it is shown up on Visual force page even if i put a try catch block.

This is the exception m getting on Visual force page and it is not consistent:

core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException: INVALID_QUERY_LOCATOR: invalid query locator

Error is in expression '{!eventType}' in component <c:mtrfnotificationscomponent> in component c:mtrfnotificationscomponent

Thanks,

Sridhar

Starz26Starz26

You already have one thread on this, why the duplicate?

**EDIT: Sorry I was wrong, this is the THIRD thread on this....ugh***

Hey Starz,

m really sorry on that.

Any suggestions on the above question would really help me. 

Thanks,

Starz26Starz26

I believe the answer to your question is in one of your other threads.

suresh_psuresh_p

Hi Sridhar,

Were you able to get around this issue. I am also facing the similar issue and could not find any solution as of now.

Thanks in advance...