function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DaveLDaveL 

Deployment In Progress > 8 hrs

This is a first.  I've submitted a relatively small deployment of a changeset to my production Org and its been "In Progress" for over 8 hrs.  I opened a ticket in w/ SFDC, but we're a non-profit with "basic" support, so my deployment could be "In Progress" for another 2 biz days..

I don't think I can even cancel/retry as my only option is to delete the changeset which doesn't really cancel the job I expect.

Anyone else experience this?  I've heard rumors of long deployment times from some vendors, but I've NEVER had one take more than 30 min to go to succeed/fail state.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DaveLDaveL

Well, sometime between the time I was contacted by support to grant access and the time they called me, the deployment status magically went back to "waiting for deployment", and then support calls and says "we see its waiting for deployment...we haven't done anything".

I resubmitted the deployment and it deployed 10 min later.  sigh.

All Answers

craigmhcraigmh

I've had major changesets that didn't even last close to that long. I guess with basic support, there's not much you can do except get on the phone with them. Maybe they'll be more understanding since it's a bug with their system.

DaveLDaveL

Fortunately someone at SFDC has already picked up my case,  I'll post back when I find out what happened.

DaveLDaveL

Well, sometime between the time I was contacted by support to grant access and the time they called me, the deployment status magically went back to "waiting for deployment", and then support calls and says "we see its waiting for deployment...we haven't done anything".

I resubmitted the deployment and it deployed 10 min later.  sigh.

This was selected as the best answer
craigmhcraigmh

All's well that ends well, I guess.