function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Luis GutierrezLuis Gutierrez 

Reasonable price for this kind of development?

I have a small salesforce (roughly 40 users) site (using Enterprise version for wealth management).

We use a consulting firm to developed our site and I just got a price for some custom coding. They want $5,600 to do the following work. I just want to know is this a reasonable price or am I getting overcharged?

Auto update Lead status

Requirements:

-          Auto update lead status after a note is added to the Notes field, or a call is logged)

-          Whenever a User adds a Note to the custom Note object on a Lead and the Lead Status = ‘Open – Not Contacted’, the Lead Status will need to update to ‘Open – Contacted’

-          This can be accomplished via an Apex trigger that will look at the Status of the Lead when the Note is created and update the status appropriately.

Redirect User to parent record after creation of Note

Requirements:

-          The Note object is a custom object that is related to the Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Companies – Leads objects.

-          Currently when a user adds a Note to the Note object, when they save the Note the Note detail page is displayed.

-          Alamo Capital would like the user to be taken back to the parent record (Account, Lead, etc.) when the Note is saved instead of the Note detail page.

-          This can be accomplished with a Visualforce/Apex override of the Save button that will create the Note record and redirect the user to the parent record

Project is structured as time and materials.

All invoices are due Net 15.

Schedule and Pricing

Rate: $175/hour

Estimated Hours: 32 Hours

Total for consulting hours: $5,600

Starz26Starz26

From what you have stated, you are being overcharged....

The going rate is $175-200 and hour. However, the work you have outlined should be able to be accomplished using 6  hours or less including test methods...

trictric

You can hire some admin guy with a bit of developement skills he will be able to do it  and will charge you much less.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I agree it does seem high.  That said, I don't think 6 hours is a reasonable amount of time either, as that is purely looking at the time required to write the code and unit tests, and in an engagement of this nature there are usually some tasks around the softer "project" side (project management, training materials, deployment through multiple test environments, UAT support, post go-live support, handover documentation).   I'd expect to bring this in for around 16-24 hours depending on what level of support was needed for those tasks.

I'd be inclined to ask for a breakdown of what those hours are being spent on.

iKnowSFDCiKnowSFDC

I think I'm somwhere between Bob and Starz26 - I would probably come in around 10-12 hours.  And after seeing the discussion on this board, I've come to the conclusion that going rate for APEX/VF are much higher than I realized 

Salesforce SuperheroesSalesforce Superheroes

Luis, please contact me if you are looking for a US based Salesforce company with a much better rate.

Thanks,

Drew M. Cosentino
Director of Sales and Marketing
Salesforce Superhereoes

A Division of The Nerd Whisperers LLC
888.407.9578 x2
Email: drew.cosentino@thenerdwhisperers.com