function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LindaSLindaS 

Invalid or corrupt jarfile force.com-ide-installer-win32.exe

I am trying to install the standalone Force.com IDE app and I get the error "Invalidor corrupt jarfile force.com-ide-installer-win32.exe".  I have tried running it directly and downloading it to my laptop first and then running the install.  Both cases give me this error (just different file locations).

My laptop has Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 3 and JRE 1.6.0_31.  No other versions of JRE exist.

I have googled and searched through many other posts & forums and most cases were tied to the JRE installation (not existing or wrong version) which I have confirmed is not the reason for my issueu.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer chosen by LindaS
LindaSLindaS

In the meantime, I received a new laptop and was upgraded to Windows 7.  I still needed to install 32bit versions and I still couldn't get this download to work for me.  Long story short, I changed direction and downloaded Eclipse and then downloaded the Force.com for Eclipse (and used 7zip to unzip the files because winzip affected the extracts somehow and they wouldn't work).

All Answers

SebaKSebaK

Same issue on my side during instalation force.com-ide-installer-win32

LindaSLindaS

In the meantime, I received a new laptop and was upgraded to Windows 7.  I still needed to install 32bit versions and I still couldn't get this download to work for me.  Long story short, I changed direction and downloaded Eclipse and then downloaded the Force.com for Eclipse (and used 7zip to unzip the files because winzip affected the extracts somehow and they wouldn't work).

This was selected as the best answer