function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KalyaniKalyani 

LEADS waiting in Queue for certain time and then getting assigned to other queues

Hi, I have a situation where Leads satisfying certain criteria should go to a Holding Queue. The leads assigned to that Holding Queue Should stay for 30 mins in that Queue. The lead can be manually assigned to another user within that 30 mins span of time. If the lead is not assigned manually after 30 mins to another user then the leads should go to another 5 Queues based on some criteria. Can anyone suggest me the best way to accomplish this. Will triggers work for this scenario or should i use a apex scheduler? How can i calculate the 30 mins span of time for the leads in that queue ? 

Starz26Starz26

Off the top of my head

depending on needs either pure workflo or a combination of workflow and trigger.

On creation of lead:

1. New field to be checked as new lead

2. set time based workflow on new record with checked field = true as criteria

On edit or change in assignment:

1. Uncheck flag thus invalidating first time based workflow.

on time based workflow firing:

either new workflow to update owners or check another flag to fire off a trigger that sets the new owners...

just thinking out loud

KalyaniKalyani

I tried Your method. But the problems i have is :

1. i am not able to schedule a Time based Workflow for 30 mins.

2. So i schedule a time based worflow to Upate the checkbox to false based on the time basedworkflow as :

1 hour after lead creation date.

3. Also i cretaed a second time based workflow : i hour after lead ceation date to update the Lead Onwer to Queue if the checkBox is false. But that isnt woking for me. I am monitoring the Queues in the Time based workflow queue and for some reason they ae not even showing the rules in the Queue. Any advice on where i am making a mistake?