function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
n_pavan_kumar1n_pavan_kumar1 

To remove the Button "Discover Spring Release" on Home Page

Hi,

On the Home page, to the top right corner there is a button link "Discover Spring 12" found. One of my client's requirement is to remove that button on the home page. We tried to remove that button but no solution could be found. Can we remove it? Please let us know the solution if any .

Thanks,

Pavan

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Follow the below steps to remove the Spring '12 for Developers button from home tab.

1. First of all create a home component with html area and check the checkbox of show html.
  2. After that write the following code in empty area

<script type="text/javascript">

var x=document.getElementsByTagName("input");

for(var i=0;i<x.length;i++)

{   

if(x[i].type=="button")   

{       

if(x[i].name=="whats_new")       

{           

x[i].style.display='none';       

}   

}

}

</script>

3. Save the component.

4.  Add the component on home page layout.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

b-Forceb-Force

Yes ,

This can be possible bt some tricky javascript coding in Left hand site component

Thanks,

Bala

Hi Bala,

Thanks for the quick response.

As you said to use the java script, but i could not access that part of the div tag for the "button - Discover Spring 12" through java script using the custom link in the home page.

Please let me know the workaround or how to go about t using the java script.

Thanks,

Pavan

b-Forceb-Force

Interested in javascript code ?

Yes Bala... Am interested in javascript.

Thanks,

Pavan

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

create a htmlarea Wide (Right) Column html component and click on showhtml right hand side check box and place this script and then add this component to the layoyut.......and try

<script>document.getElementById('ptBody').style.display="none"; </script>

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Follow the below steps to remove the Spring '12 for Developers button from home tab.

1. First of all create a home component with html area and check the checkbox of show html.
  2. After that write the following code in empty area

<script type="text/javascript">

var x=document.getElementsByTagName("input");

for(var i=0;i<x.length;i++)

{   

if(x[i].type=="button")   

{       

if(x[i].name=="whats_new")       

{           

x[i].style.display='none';       

}   

}

}

</script>

3. Save the component.

4.  Add the component on home page layout.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
b-Forceb-Force

Javascript

Create Html component ... narrow component

Add this in required home page layouts

<div id="demoContainer"><script language="JavaScript">try{var pa=document.getElementById("demoContainer").parentNode.parentNode; pa.style.display = "none";}catch(err){alert('There was an error on this webpage='+err.description);}</script><script language="JavaScript">function CustomApproval(){var s=document.getElementsByTagName('input');for(var i=0; i< s.length ; i++){if(s[i].className.indexOf('btnImportant') != -1){s[i].style.display='none';}}alert(divs.length);}var oldonload = window.onload; if (typeof window.onload != 'function'){window.onload = oldonload;} else { window.onload = function() {if (oldonload) {oldonload();}CustomApproval();}} </script></div>

******** Advantage of this javascript &colon; It will hide that Left hand side component present from screen as well

Thanks,

bForce

Thanks it solved the question.

One more quest, since i need to create this home custom component in home page, the name of the custom component would appear in the home page layout. Can we hide this name from the home page layout?

b-Forceb-Force

If you use script given by me,

It will hide that component from left hand side 

Thanks,

bForce

Curiosity101Curiosity101

Thanks, that worked!

srinivasan thirumalai 14srinivasan thirumalai 14
Now that with Summer 14, we cannot add a home page using HTML Area, I am trying to do the same with VF page and adding that page to the Homepage. The above code does not work if I put in a VF page. Any idea how to get access to the Discover link from within the VF page? Thanks in advance.
srinivasan thirumalai 14srinivasan thirumalai 14
With summer 14, cannot add javascript to HTML Area component.
Hi All,

With the Spring 16 release "End of Sidebar workarounds via Messages & Alerts and Custom Links finally in Winter or Spring '16?" ,
we are facing the issue on home page where we were hiding certain buttons, Discover Spring 16 button, chatter feed sections and other customizations.

In our project, we need to hide certain buttons, chatter feeds on home page and modify certain URLs on the standard page layouts. Please let me know for any workaround for this Spring 16 impacts.

Thanks,
Pavan