function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro 

callout with certificate

Hi,

I have a requirement to make SOAP callout with certificate. In fact a webservice that is hosted on client server and client provided us a certificate (.cert file) as well as a password keystore file (.jks file) to implement secure callout. But i couldn't figure out how to use these files in webservice callout.

Please help, it's urgent.

Any point would appreciated.

bvramkumarbvramkumar

I think you need to import that certificate into browser to identify the caller of SOAP webserivce.

Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for reply.

But i dont think the provided certificate is for browser beacuse callout might make from any other location( different browse on different system). I guess there should be somthing in apex code (set the some property with some info at the time of callout) or in salesforce configuration (like import certificate...). But i am not sure.

bvramkumarbvramkumar

True but there are also sites upon browsing which hand you over a certificate which have to import into the browser. Not sure of details how it works internally... Did you check the full SOAP request structure at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190796(v=sql.100).aspx ?