function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trictric 

WSDL file User name and password.

Hi Friends,

When we buy web services from websites such as strikeiron etc then in the stub classes we have to specify user name and pasword.

My question is how do we get that username and password.?.Is there a way to generate?

Please help.

Thanks,

Trick

sridharbarlasridharbarla

Hi ,

When you are trying to access  any API 's

StrikeIron or Amadeus or salesforce

first you need to buy the License so they will provide user name and password of that API

for example

if you are tying to access your salesforce data in any third party application(i.e java ,net .........etc)

first salesforce admin has to provide the enterprice or partner  WSDL file with that admin will  provide the salesforce username and password

regards

Sridhar

trictric

Thanks a lot for answering my question.

When we use web services to verify phone number field.We usually write one or  two lines to call web services and pass data into it such as phine number.

How do we write test data for it.

If we have just specified class object .functionname and passed phine number to it.

As far I know we cannot use unit test to make callout as unit test runs synchronously whereas web services runa asynchronously.I know that we can simulate three steps in the test class to test Http web services

but how do we test soap web services from third part.Any examples would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Trick