function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
thylakthylak 

how to autopopulate the contact in opportunity object

1. i create the contact. after i created the opportunity for that contact. now i need to autopopulated the contact into opportunity object. using formulas or custom links or workflowrules and trigger . how can i solve this problem .

pls help me.................

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Can you elaborate on what information you want to populate?  Do you have a lookup to the contact from the opportunity?

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Can you elaborate on what information you want to populate?  Do you have a lookup to the contact from the opportunity?

This was selected as the best answer
thylakthylak

i want contact name is read only in opportunity .

1. i created one contact after i created opportunity related list of contact. then automatically contact name is  auto populated in opportuity using formulas or workflow rule or query string and trigger.

pls help me....................

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

So does your contact record have a lookup to an opportunity or is it a multi/multi junction object?

thylakthylak

Thanks for your post bob_buzzard.  i got new requirement from my client.  Task is

1. i created Service_StartDate__c,Contract_Length__c fields in Contact and Opportunity object  

2. i created one contact after i created opportunity for that contact then Service_StartDate__c,Contract_Length__c fields updated in contact object  . using trigger. that's working fine

Now Client asking once Opportunity is created for that contact then automatically contact name(read only) is autopopulated in opportunity detail page. here client dont want lookup field in Opportunity.

how can i solve this problem .this is urgent requirement . pls help me.............

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

If you don't have a lookup, how do you know which opportunity to copy the contact information to?

thylakthylak

i created the opportunity under the Contact detail page. then that contact contain particular opportunity records.

ok bob any idea give me how to solve this problem

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I need to understand the detail before I suggest solutions.  So does this mean that you have a lookup from opportunity to contact?

thylakthylak

ok bob  now i created  the contact lookup field in Opportuinty object. now how can i get the contact name(read only) in opportunity object. requirement is no need to select lookup field manually in opportunity object. automatically populated contact in opportunity . pls give any idea..............

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I wasn't suggesting that you create a contact on the opportunity - I was asking if you had gone that route.  

thylakthylak

Thanks bob for your post.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Guess we got there then.  More by luck than judgement ;)