function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Big EarsBig Ears 

Simple one - What does "waitingJobPage" mean in the apex debug code

All,

I have a trigger that is supposed to present an error message to the user when editing a record from within the edit page (rather than inline editing). Suddenly, the behaviour has changed and it no longer presents the message whilst still preventing the save. I know the trigger works because inline editing displays the error as expected.

My only clue is that the debug log operation name has the prefix "waitingJobPage-" and I have NO idea what it means. I can't find it in the documentation and the salesforce support team closed my case without even trying to help.

Does anybody else know? Any help greatfully appreciated. All other triggers appear to be working. It's just this one, and I've not changed the code on it.

With thanks,

Andy

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Big EarsBig Ears

Aha!

It looks like this is a recognised issue, with a workaround.

Thank goodness I'm not crazy:

http://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000RfANAA0

However, is there a set way to get Salesforce to recognise there's an issue? My support guys were a little dismissive of the issue.

With thanks,

Andy

All Answers

missonjaraemissonjarae

I have the same issue.  My working trigger is not firing and I have the 'waitingJobPage' showing up in debug logs.  Any luck with this?

AndyRouseAndyRouse

No joy, I'm afraid. I've been told that it could be down to an external partner package, but that doesn't make sense as no new packages were installed and no debug logs on the external packages seem to bring it up.

What packages do you have installed? We've got:

Conga Composer

General Sales Dashboards for AppX 1

Sales Activity Dashboard 0.1

Strategic Account Planning

Dow Jones Companies & Executives

ExactTarget for AppExchange - Fall 2007 (11/5/2007)

Campaign Combiner

missonjaraemissonjarae

Interesting.  We have quite a few (like 15) installed packages.  I just opened a ticket with dev support to see what they say!

AndyRouseAndyRouse

Do let me know, if you get a response. My support guys were fairly clueless.

missonjaraemissonjarae

I am still waiting on support to figure this out for me.  It's been 5 business days and they are giving it high priority....

missonjaraemissonjarae

A condition in my IF statement was not getting satisfied, causing the trigger to stop right after entering the trigger. 

The specific code was: 

&& (a.Owner.Profile.Name == 'Cars.com Field Sales User')

Apparently it doesn't like me looking up the profile name through the Account owner, but I've done it before in other cases.   I used some different, less reliable criteria instead to satisfy this condition.  Unfortunately, premier dev. support just took out my piece of code and claimed it was now "working" which isn't true- they removed a condition that I need for the trigger to function properly.  

Still no idea why this put the job in waiting status.

AndyRouseAndyRouse

Thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure what's causing mine, still. I've deleted all of my installed packages, to no joy. I'll keep digging and report back if I discover anything.

missonjaraemissonjarae

Just as an FYI, support actually came back and gave me a good solution to the issue with my trigger issue that caused the waitingJobPage status.  I would recommend talking to them so they can hash it out for you.

AndyRouseAndyRouse

Unfortunately, we don't have Dev support and the main support team won't touch this issue. Are you able to shed any light on the solution?

With thanks,

Andy

missonjaraemissonjarae

My issue was due to the trigger not being able to statisfy a particular IF statement.  This was the first statement in my trigger so debugs didn't help. So if you are getting this message from a trigger I recommend you sift through the code.

Big EarsBig Ears

Aha!

It looks like this is a recognised issue, with a workaround.

Thank goodness I'm not crazy:

http://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000RfANAA0

However, is there a set way to get Salesforce to recognise there's an issue? My support guys were a little dismissive of the issue.

With thanks,

Andy

This was selected as the best answer
missonjaraemissonjarae

Thanks for sending the link, Andy... at least we have this to reference and hopefully that workaround works.  My issue was from apex, but support initially thought it would be a validation rule issue.