function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
topsecretguytopsecretguy 

Managed packages

All,

Couple of questions about managed packages and their impact on deploying a change set.

1. Does the code coverage of a managed package contribute in any way to the total code coverage of the code in your org?  (assuming that the code is from a 3rd party,  e.g app exchange)
  2. If the tests of a managed package fail when all tests run,  would that stop a deployment package?
  3. If the tests of a managed package trigger a validation error in your org,  would that stop a deployment package?

I thought that managed packages contributed very little to stats in your org,  i.e they have their own set of governor limits,  the total amount of code does not contribute,  the code coverage does not contribute,  test failures will not cause your deployments to fail,  etc..

Starz26Starz26

1. Code coverage does not impact your org code coverage

as for the rest, It depends on the option you choose when installing the managed package. And I have seen failures of managed packages cause issues with any further attempts to install something to the org although I do not recall the specific scenarios.